THE DEAD DAISIES
Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple/Black Country Communion) – Vocals & Bass
Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake/Dio) – Guitar
Deen Castronovo (Journey, Bad English, Hardline) – Drums
David Lowy (Red Phoenix/Mink) – Guitar
Click Here To Download Promotional Assets (Bio, Logo, Band Pics)
- Announced 2021 dates with Foreigner in Europe
- Reached 40k followers on Spotify at start of June
- ‘UNSPOKEN’ single and lyric video released
- The Deadly Daisys launches
- ‘Righteous Days’ with Glenn Hughes takes off on Spotify
- New song ‘Righteous Days’ debuts exclusively on Planet Rock
- Spotify streams Fortunate Son 1M times
- Locked And Loaded – the covers album released – All for the love of Rock
- Fortunate Son single released originally recorded in 2016 for Make Some Noise
- Make It Louder new remix by EDM duo from Berlin twocolors released
- ‘Helter Skelter’ released as a live recording from Musikmesse 2016 in Frankfurt
- Acoustic Sessions playlist created on Spotify with a collection of cover songs and originals released in 2019
- The debut album was released on vinyl for the first time
- A series of cover versions and originals including ‘My Generation’ by The Who, ‘Ramble On’ by Led Zeppelin’, ‘Maggie May’ by Rod Stewart and ‘We’re An American Band’ by Grand Funk Railroad along with an acoustic version of ‘Song and a Prayer’ were released and streamed on Spotify
- Welcome to Daisyland series screens on Horror platform Screambox
- Dead And Gone (Swamp Version) and Judgement Day singles released and streaming on Spotify
- New horror anthology series – Welcome To Daisyland, adds three ‘Burn It Down’ album songs to soundtrack
- Close 2018 with Planet Rockstock Festival UK and 15 dates across EU on Winterland Tour
- Nominated & made #4 for ‘Best Band 2018′ – Great Music Stories
- #10 Ultimate Classic Rock – Best Album 2018!
- Spotify 3M+ Streams / 547K+ Fans / 65 Countries
- Hit over 1M fans on Facebook
- Hit over 40k followers on Instagram
- Surpassed 9M minutes of watch time on Youtube
- Surpassed 4M views on YouTube
- ‘Burn It Down’ Radio Edit released Nov 12
- SOLD OUT shows in the UK Winterland Tour
- Nominated ‘Best Band 2018′ – Great Music Stories
- ‘Can’t Take It With You’ released as single accompanied by a lyric video – 12th October
- UK/EU WinterLand tour November and December
- Nominated for Global Heroes Award Hard Rock Hell Awards
- Nominated for Down The Front Media Award 2018 – best album, best band and best live band
- ‘Burn It Down’ listed as one of the best albums of the year in Ultimate Classic Rock
- DaisyLand in Guitar Centers stores & Bartels Harley-Davidson dealership in LA
- ‘Dead And Gone’ at Top 30 on Radio Charts (secondary)
- US/Canada tour with GNR’s Dizzy Reeds ‘Hookers & Blow’
- ‘Dead And Gone’ released as a single accompanied by a horror-infused music video
- Summer tour kicked off in Japan before dates in Europe including sold out shows and massive Festival apperances including shows with Guns N’ Roses and The Scorpions
- Band line-up features some of the best Rock musicians on the planet with a sound that’s influenced by late ‘70s and early ‘80s hard rock.
- Made the US Active Rock Chart Top 40 with first single ‘RISE UP’
- New album ‘Burn It Down’ was released on April 6th
- Launched new fan initiative with band interaction called ‘Daisyland’
- ‘Dead And Gone’ released as a single with amazing video featuring Zombies
- ‘Burn It Down’ world tour kicks off in the UK with a series of sold out shows before concerts in Europe, Japan, Mexico and North and South America.
- Recorded their fourth studio album at the end of 2017 with hit producer Marti Frederiksen
- Reached over a million views in only a few weeks for ‘We’re An American Band’ video
- Played Woodstock in Poland to half a million people with a 60-piece orchestra
- Debut visit to Latin America was a resounding success playing Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Mexico with sold out shows
- Return to Japan in 2017 for first headline shows in Tokyo and Osaka both selling out
- 2017 European headline tour including many sold out shows
- 2017 tour of European festivals including Download, Sweden Rock, Hellfest and Graspop
- First Live album released on May 19th to critical acclaim from both fans and Rock DJs
- Performed in front of over a million people worldwide in 2016
- Headlined the Planet Rockstock Festival in Wales
- Sold Out Tour of The UK and Europe in Summer and Winter 2016
- Playing KISS Kruise for the 4th time
- Toured South Korea with the USO
- Played the prestigious LOUD PARK FESTIVAL in Tokyo, Japan, November 2016
- Performed first headline dates in US during 2016 in LA and New York
- Music played during New York Yankees, NASCAR, NFL (Arizona Cardinals), NHL, and English Premier Game matches
- Worked with major brands including NASCAR, NFL, New York Yankees, Harley-Davidson
- Main singles on ‘Make Some Noise’ made the A list at Planet Rock
- Third album ‘Make Some Noise’ released on August 5th on SPV worldwide and charted in 9 major music markets worldwide and 23 charts
- Played in Germany with the Hollywood Vampires featuring Johnny Depp, Alice Cooper and Joe Perry
- “Special Guest” at Musikmesse Frankfurt 2016 with performances on the Center Stage as well as a special headline club show
- Supported Whitesnake on their Purple World tour in the US and in Europe in 2015
- Performed at some of the largest festivals in Europe including Download (UK), Rockavaria (Germany), and Graspop Metal Meeting (Belgium) in 2015, and in 2016 the band played Woodstock Poland and Wacken in Germany
- Supported KISS in Europe, Australia and the US on their 40th Anniversary World Tour in 2014-2015 and on the US Freedom To Rock tour in 2016
- Released second album Revolución inspired by Cuban visit
- Played two sold out historic shows in Havana, Cuba in February 2015
- Airplay throughout the UK, Europe, Australia, North and South America and Japan
- 1st Album debuted #13 on the Australian Album Chart and was featured iTunes Release / JB Hi-Fi Top Seller
- First single off debut album “Lock ‘N’ Load” featuring Slash went Number 1 on Planet Rock Radio in the UK
- Classic Rock Magazine listed “Lock ‘N’ Load” as one of their top 15 rock songs of the year for 2013
- Launched an interactive Facebook app and video featuring over 5,000 submitted fan pictures
- Previously toured with Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Def Leppard, Bad Company, Lynyrd Skynrd, Jimmy Barnes
- Headlined the Festival Stage on the 2013 Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour in the US/Canada
“As it should be, the title track ‘Make Some Noise’ is a booming affair… It won’t be merely the group’s own gigs with voices bellowing back at them if the NFL, NHL and MLB get wind of this cut.”
– BLABBERMOUTH.COM (US)
“The roof didn’t stand a chance. John Corabi and company blew it clean off with opening song Long Way To Go, and they didn’t let up until they had blasted through another 12 songs in an absolutely breathless set. This was one of those hot, biblically loud, sweat-soaked gigs that all fans of live rock music live for.”
– DECIBELROGUE.COM (UK)
The Dead Daisies – 30 Days In The Hole
The Dead Daisies x Dance With The Dead – ‘Unspoken’ (Remix)
The Dead Daisies – UNSPOKEN (Lyric Video)
The Dead Daisies – Dead And Gone (Swamp Version) – from the TV series “Welcome To Daisyland”
The Dead Daisies – Can’t Take It With You (Lyric Video)
The Dead Daisies – Dead And Gone (Official Video)
The Dead Daisies – Rise Up
The Dead Daisies – Rise Up (Visualizer)
The Dead Daisies – She Always Gets Her Way (All The Same) – Official Video
The Dead Daisies – We’re An American Band (Live) (Official Video)
The Dead Daisies – Make Some Noise – Live & Louder” (official video)
The Dead Daisies – Song And A Prayer (official short film)
Join Together (Official Video, 2016)
Long Way To Go (Official Video, 2016)
Devil Out Of Time (Official Video, 2016)
With You and I – Official Video
MIDNIGHT MOSES – Official Video
Revolución – Documentary Short
Rock’n’Roll is a trip, not a destination…we all know how the saying goes!
The Dead Daisies continue their journey towards 2021 with new music, virtual performances and adventures.
The Dead Daisies have gone from strength to strength since the release of their self-titled album in 2013. They have released four studio, one live and one covers album to a growing army of fans worldwide and are praised by the global media in an era where Rock has been declared dead time and time again.
The band’s DNA includes an amazing collective of players that includes John Corabi, Marco Mendoza, Richard Fortus, Dizzy Reed, Frank Ferrer, Darryl Jones, Tommy Clufetos, Charley Drayton and Jon Stevens amongst others. They’ve also shared the stage with some of the biggest names in Rock including Kiss, Guns N‘ Roses, Scorpions, Aerosmith, Bad Company, Whitesnake, ZZ Top and the Hollywood Vampires.
The Daisies have started the next chapter welcoming new band member Glenn Hughes. Also known as “The Voice Of Rock“, Glenn has taken over lead vocals and bass guitar, joining guitarists Doug Aldrich, David Lowy and drummer Deen Castronovo.
With the addition of Glenn Hughes, The Daisies supercharge their front line through his rock solid bass grooves and unmatched vocal intensity. As all fans know, the man is a true original, inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame, with a rich history of music that features heavy weights like Deep Purple and Black Country Communion as well as a successful solo career. One might say: “They don’t build rockers like him anymore”.
Followers can expect more High-Voltage Rock songs, indomitable grooves and spellbinding lyrics, all the ingredients that have made this music so timeless, out-living trends of the modern day. The sound of The Dead Daisies is entrenched in the Hard Rock way of life we all love but as a living, breathing rock band, they are constantly evolving & bringing new dynamics to a classic style.
They’ve conducted multiple headline tours throughout Europe, Japan, South & North America and conquered some of the worlds most prestigious festivals such as Download, Wacken, Graspop, Sweden Rock as well as Woodstock Poland, where they played the notable Concert for Peace with a 60-piece orchestra in front of over 300,000 people in 2017. Significantly, they were the first American Rock band welcomed back to Cuba after the embargo was lifted in 2015.
It’s the uplifting experience of a live show that makes Rock music so encompassing and where The Dead Daisies always deliver. Their concerts are known for creating a special connection between the players and their audience, giving life to each other, singing, screaming and relishing in the moment!!!
The upcoming album ‘Holy Ground’, was recorded by Producer Ben Grosse at La Fabrique Studio in the South of France and due for release early in 2021. The first single ‘Unspoken’ was released in April 2020 with the song continuing to receive global media praise, accolades and has definitely broken the silence!
The Daisies will kick off 2021 with a series of shows throughout Europe on the “Get Out Of The House Tour” followed by dates yet to be announced in the UK, Japan, US and Australia. June/July will see the band playing with Foreigner, Judas Priest and at numerous summer Festivals.
The Dead Daisies are pushing forward, giving energy and taking chances to ensure that every person who experiences them has no doubt that Rock is Indeed Alive & Well and here to stay.
So turn it up, come to a show; enjoy the ride & ROCK with us.
The STORY SO FAR
Influenced by 70’s and early 80’s rock, The Dead Daisies sound is soulful and accessible – equal parts of Aerosmith, Bad Company and Foreigner: muscular vocals, bluesy riffs, big choruses, powerful melodies and strong hooks. With stellar musicianship and pulverizing live shows, fans across the globe are discovering the band that is bringing back Rock & Roll!! This is their story. Fasten your seatbelts…
The Dead Daisies, formed in 2012 by guitarist David Lowy, are a musical collective created by a rotating line-up that has featured some of the best Rock musicians on the planet. Those currently include:
Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake/Dio)
Deen Castronovo (Journey, Bad English, Hardline)
Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple/Black Country Communion)
David Lowy (Red Phoenix/Mink)
Past members are John Corabi (Motley Crue/The Scream), Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy/Whitesnake), Richard Fortus (Guns N’ Roses/The Psychedelic Furs), Dizzy Reed (Guns N’ Roses/Hookers and Blow), Darryl Jones (The Rolling Stones), Charley Drayton (The X-pensive Winos/The Cult), John Tempesta (The Cult/Rob Zombie), Tommy Clufetos (Black Sabbath/Rob Zombie), Jon Stevens (Noiseworks/INXS), Alex Carapetis (Julian Casablancas + The Voidz/Nine Inch Nails), Bernard Fowler (The Rolling Stones) and Frank Ferrer (Guns N’ Roses/The Psychedelic Furs).
In early 2013 The Dead Daisies were invited to open for ZZ Top in Australia. Word about their dynamic live show spread quickly and the band soon joined legendary American rockers Aerosmith on their first Australasian tour in 23 years. In August & September the band were introduced to the US market headlining one of the side stages as part of the massive 25-date Rockstar Energy Drink UPROAR Festival which toured throughout the US & Canada alongside Alice In Chains & Jane’s Addiction.
The Daisies then headed to the UK and played 18 dates across the country with Black Star Riders kicking it off with their first ever UK headlining show at The Underworld in Camden to rave reviews.
The band’s first single “Lock ‘N’ Load” featuring Slash, from their self-titled debut album was an international hit and stormed the US & UK radio airwaves hitting Number 1 on Planet Rock Radio with Classic Rock Magazine listing it as one of the top 20 songs of the year. The bands’ second single “Washington” went to #18 on the Rock Radio Chart (MediaBase) in the US and received airplay on Triple M in Australia. They closed out 2013 playing two shows in Israel, with a SOLD OUT epic headline show at The Barby in Tel Aviv winning over new fans.
February saw the band return to Australia playing a number of dates in support of their debut album and growing their hometown crowd. In July the band headed to the US where they played 9 shows across the country as Special Guest to Lynyrd Skynyrd & Bad Company. The month of August saw The Daisies playing the US with Def Leppard & KISS where they impressed even the die-hard KISS fans.
On August 5th, The Dead Daisies released their brand-new EP called “Face I Love”. An innovative Facebook app was launched along with the single giving fans the opportunity to participate by having their faces appear on the EP cover, in the promotional video & posters. The single hit the top 25 on the Rock radio chart (MediaBase) in the US.
In October the band released their next single “Angel In Your Eyes” before heading for their first live performances on the high seas, joining KISS on the KISS Kruise IV around the Bahamas. November & December then saw The Dead Daises in Australia headlining shows in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Sydney, as well as a much-anticipated performance in Perth. The band also played dates with the legendary Jimmy Barnes on the New Zealand leg of his tour.
The next year proved to be another landmark phase for the band. After months of planning, the band kicked off the year with an historic visit to Cuba. Within months of trade restrictions being relaxed by the Obama administration, the band played sold out shows, visited music schools and played with local Cuban musicians. The line-up featured long standing collective members Richard Fortus, Dizzy Reed, Darryl Jones, David Lowy, and Marco Mendoza. They were joined by singers John Corabi (Mötley Crüe/The Scream) and Bernard Fowler (The Rolling Stones) for the first time. The trip was historic, monumental and left a lasting impression with the Cuban people and the band with the world media covering the trip extensively.
The Cuban tour was the inspiration for the second album titled ‘Revolución’ which was released from June, in Europe, the US and Australia. The album would be the first to feature new singer John Corabi.
In June, The Dead Daisies returned to Europe on the KISS 40th Anniversary Tour. First time collective member Tommy Clufetos (Black Sabbath/Ozzy Osbourne) joined on drums. Along the way, they collected a pile of fans as they exploded on-stage with monster sets at the largest festivals in Europe including Download (UK), Rockavaria (Germany), Graspop Metal Meeting (Belgium) and more. The band then headed back to the US at the end of July for three weeks on the road supporting Whitesnake on their Purple World Tour. Australian Daisies fans finally saw the band fronted by John Corabi when they performed with KISS across Australia during October. This was followed a few days later with a return to the KISS Kruise (V), which sailed from Miami to Jamaica.
To close up 2015, The Dead Daisies played their most extensive tour of Europe ever visiting places like Russia, Finland, Sweden and Macedonia among others for the first time while guesting with Whitesnake. In addition, the band performed their first headline show in Paris to a sold out ecstatic crowd who turned out in force two weeks after the tragic events at the Bataclan venue. The band then returned to the UK to play a series of sold out club shows, which featured a main stage performance at Planet Rock Stock Festival in Wales. After a near sold out tour in the UK the band headed to Israel for a second time where they played sold out shows in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv to close a year that had been huge for The Dead Daisies.
The next chapter in the Daisies story not only saw the writing and recording of a new album to follow up the highly acclaimed ‘Revolución’, it also saw the addition of one of the rock world’s most prolific guitarists, Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake/Dio) to the line-up, taking over lead guitar duties from Richard Fortus who departed along with Dizzy Reed to return to Guns N’ Roses.
The band signed an exclusive, global distribution deal with SPV Records in 2016 and recorded their new studio album ‘Make Some Noise’ with mega-producer Marti Frederiksen (Aerosmith, Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Buckcherry) in Nashville with a worldwide release on August 5th.
2016 was a pivotal year for The Dead Daisies, not only with the release of a third album that has been praised throughout the rock media on a worldwide stage but the debut both in the studio and live for Doug Aldrich. Transferring the power of the new album onto a live stage proved to be an easy transition for the band. They kicked off their 2016 live appearances performing as “Special Guest” at Musikmesse Frankfurt on the Center Stage, followed by a guest slot to with the Hollywood Vampires featuring Alice Cooper, Joe Perry and Johnny Depp in Germany. Straight off the back of these dates followed the biggest European festivals and SOLD OUT club dates across UK and Germany to critical acclaim. August through September saw the band join up with friends KISS on their ‘Freedom to Rock’ shows and also saw the band headline prestigious venues the Whisky-A-Go-Go in LA and the Webster Hall in New York.
In an approach to continually cover new ground, the band took various detours in the US to add more new experiences. One of these included performing at the inaugural Sturgis Motorcycle Rally with a powerful performance at the Full Throttle Saloon. To top it off, they took to playing at the NFL home of the Arizona Cardinals on game day where the team used a personalized version of ‘Make Some Noise’ every time they make a touchdown!
For the first time since the bands inception, The Dead Daisies headed to the Asian continent with Japan being the first stop, where they made an appearance at Loud Park Festival in October. Although appearing early in the day, they played to a packed out arena with a very enthusiastic crowd. This was followed by a series of shows for the USO playing for the US military in South Korea, something that the band have been keen to do for a long time. When the timing and logistics worked out, The Dead Daisies were only too happy to take the opportunity to play for the service men and woman and show their personal appreciation. After spending time at sea on the KISS Kruise VI sailing around Mexico and the Cayman Islands, the band crossed the Atlantic to start an extensive tour of the UK and Europe with co-headliners ‘The Answer’. The tour proved to be an unbelievable success with dates selling out well in advance.
The year continued on an upward trajectory with more “firsts” including a highly acclaimed live album, ‘Live & Louder’ which hit stores on May 19 and set the tone for the year to come. The Live & Louder World Tour wowed crowds at such high-profile festivals as Download, Sweden Rock, Rock Hard Festival, Hellfest and Graspop as well as a string of sold-out headline shows in packed venues all the way from Germany to Hungary. The band’s triumphant return to Japan saw them headline capacity crowds in Tokyo and Osaka; only months after their inaugural performance in the previous November.
Barely having strummed the last chord, the band took off across the sea for their first ever concerts in Brazil, Chile, Argentina and Mexico – huge club shows packed to the rafters with diehard fans. Next up, the band entered the stage at Woodstock Festival Poland with nothing less than a full-blown, 60 – piece orchestra behind them. It truly was an awe-inspiring spectacle in front of over a quarter of a million people with anthems such as ‘Rocking In The Free World’ blasting from the stage.
To conclude this massive undertaking, the band returned to the US for ‘The Dirty Dozen’ tour. They teamed up with 12 of the country’s biggest Harley-Davidson dealers for the revved-up ‘Rock N Ride’ promotion, which saw the band make their high-octane comeback to the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis, storm through major cities including New York, Chicago, Toronto, Los Angeles and Las Vegas in August, and then finishing up with The Easyriders Rodeo and the National H.O.G. Rally at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee WI on Labor Day Weekend.
With the launch of the official, all-American music video for ‘We’re An American Band’ just ahead of the US tour, The Dead Daisies scored over a million views in just under two weeks – not to mention the video for ‘Long Way To Go’ blowing up the 1.5 million views mark just days earlier.
In order to boost the growth of the band from incredibly rapid to exponential, a massive initiative dubbed THE CHAIN GANG was called into existence. Working hand in hand with ‘The Deadsies’ – the band’s new official fan club, which actively involves fans from all over the world working, alongside the band, on the next chapter of Rock history.
Wrapping up 2017, The Dead Daisies set up camp at the famous Jungle Room rehearsal space in the heart of New York City to write their new album together again, teaming up with legendary producer Marti Frederiksen. Returning to his studio in Nashville, the band spent the remainder of the year recording their new masterpiece, which set the Rock world ablaze in 2018…
With the masses hungering for new material, ‘Rise Up’, the first single off the new album was unleashed on March 9. Sporting arenas across Europe had been playing the song with the fans “rising up” to support their favourite teams! “Rise Up” exploded on the airwaves with the song being added to some of the biggest and most prestigious rock playlists around the world. The band landed a real coup when both “Rise Up” and the album teaser track “Resurrected” landed on the Planet Rock UK A-List simultaneously!
In late March the band rehearsed the new material at the renowned SIR studios in New York City before releasing their highly anticipated, brand new album entitled ‘Burn It Down’ on April 6.
Right after, The Dead Daisies embarked on yet another massive World Tour kicking off with Sold-Out shows in venues across the UK, followed by the band playing to packed houses in Europe in April & May, all powered by their new brand partner, Crystal Head Vodka. Crystal Head Vodka is a great match for the band, having the iconic skull-shaped bottle created by comedian and actor Dan Aykroyd & designer John Alexander.
While “Rise Up” rose up steadily through the ranks, eventually hitting the Top 40 US Charts, The Dead Daisies released their new single “Dead And Gone” on June 22, hit the Top 40 on the Radio Charts in the US and the video clip reaching nearly 1 million views! The corresponding video combines classic performance elements intertwined with appearances from the Undead, which were created, filmed and edited by legendary horror visionary Tony Valenzuela (Black Box TV, Villisca). June ended with the band making their long-awaited return to Japan.
In July the band played gigantic festival shows at the renowned Rock Fest Barcelona and Rock & Blues Custom Show UK. In addition The Dead Daisies played dates in Europe with German Rock band The Scorpions & Guns N’ Roses in Estonia in front of 78,000 people.
It was at these shows The Dead Daisies introduced a range of fan experiences under the name of DaisyLand. These innovative opportunities included signings, exclusive acoustic & electric shows, meet & greets, inviting guests to special events, competitions, exclusive merchandising and evolve as the band continues to build and cherish the special bond with their supporters. A great example of how this new concept worked extraordinarily well was on the last US/Canada tour where the band performed at the Guitar Center stores throughout the US, music stores in Canada and Bartels Harley- Davidson in LA.
Not backing down in the least, the unstoppable rock juggernaut that is The Dead Daisies hit the US for a series of dates throughout August and September. To promote the tour, the band introduced “Rock N Ride”, a promotion with select Harley-Davidson dealerships in conjunction with Dee Snider’s “The House of Hair” – the prize, an Iron 883 Harley Davidson motorcycle! Freedom Harley-Davidson being the dealer supplying one very excited fan from Ottawa Canada. An Excellent Adventure competition initially launched across the summer touring schedule and was won by Astrid from The Netherlands – who was over the moon to travel to London, meet the band and experience An Excellent Adventure. On October 12 ‘Can’t Take It With You’, released and aired on Planet Rock and cracked No. 1 position, and the band set sail on the high seas on the epic KISS Kruise VIII for Halloween. Nominations for Hard Rock Hell the ‘Global Heroes’ Award and Great News Stories ‘Best Band 2018’ in November along with the single ‘Burn It Down’ getting a haircut, these Rock pros returned to dry land for their WinterLand Tour. Headline, Sold Out dates in O2 Academy venues in the UK and festival appearances at Hard Rock Hell, Monstersfest, WinterStorm lead into Planet Rockstock and fifteen dates finishing up on December 16.
The end of year accolades of Top 5 ‘Best Band 2018’ – Great Music Stories and No. 10 Ultimate Classic Rock – Best Album 2018, cemented a great year! The band have actively engaged with Spotify, and as a result their songs were streamed over 3 million times. 2018 was another an amazing year!
Straight out of the gates in the New Year an exciting project was launched – Welcome To Daisyland, a horror anthology series. Songs from the Burn It Down album are featured in the new series and include ‘Burn It Down’, ‘Judgement Day’ and ‘Dead And Gone’. A new acoustic version of Dead And Gone was released as a digital single when the first episode aired on Valentine’s Day, February 14.
Maintaining the bands presence on Spotify, a series of acoustic tracks were released over the first half of the year. Classic songs including The Who’s ‘My Generation’, Led Zeppelin’s, ‘Ramble On’, ‘Maggie May’ originally by Rod Stewart followed by ‘We’re An American Band’ made famous by Grand Funk Railroad. These tracks were recorded at Planet Rock Radio back in November 2016. Acoustic versions of ‘Song and a Prayer’ and ‘Fortunate Son’ recorded in Frankfurt in 2016 for an American Airlines promotion, were released in May. The band’s debut album made it’s way onto vinyl for the very first time in June due to popular demand. Continuing the trend of retrospective songs, the second half of the year saw The Beatles classic ‘Helter Skelter’ recorded live in Frankfurt out on all digital platforms. This was closely followed by the remix of ‘Make Some Noise’ with Berlin based EDM duo twocolors, renamed ‘Make It Louder. Creedance Clearwater Revivals’ time-honoured track ‘Fortunate Son’ went out as the single to ‘Locked And Loaded’ and exceeded 1 million streams on Spotify. Locked And Loaded – The covers album was released on August 23.
Late August saw the band go in to Sunset Sound Studios in L.A. to start writing and recording with new vocalist and bassist Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple/Black Country Communion). Planet Rock debuted new track ‘Righteous Days’ resulting in the song being available for streaming on Spotify from October 4.
In early November the band headed to the south of France to La Fabrique studios for ten days to start pre production on the new album and launched The Deadly Daisys for all their friends.
As the end of the year came to a close the band returned to the La Fabrique studio to put vocals and guitars on the album.
2020 started with the final touches added to the album in LA with Ben Grosse at the helm, with the mixing process beginning late January. The first single to break the silence from the forthcoming album ‘Holy Ground’ was ‘Unspoken’ in April. Accompanied by an amazing lyric video reaching over 500K plays on You Tube and streamed over 300K+ on Spotify, continues to rise along with adds to radio station playlists around the globe. ‘Unspoken’ was closely followed by a Remix by electronic/music duo Dance With The Dead cracking the EDM world. On June 6th the band played four stripped back songs in a virtual sense from their own homes as part of the ‘Taste of Syracuse’ virtual Festival. The upcoming album is set for release in early 2021 around a tour and it will Rock The Planet! June/July will see the band play for the first time with Foreigner and a string of dates with Judas Priest.