The Dead Daisies
NEW MUSIC (UNRELEASED) – All songs written by: Lowy, Fortus, Mendoza, Stevens, Reed
MAKE THE BEST OF IT
SOMETHING I SAID
- Band line-up features some of the best Rock musicians on the planet with a sound that’s influenced by late ‘70s and early ‘80s hard rock.
- Performed in front of over 600,000 people in both the US and Australia in 2014.
- Album debuted #13 on the Australian Album Chart.
- Featured iTunes Release / JB Hi-Fi Top Seller.
- Airplay throughout the UK, Europe, Australia, North and South America and Japan.
- First single off their debut album “Lock ‘N’ Load” featuring Slash went Number 1 on Planet Rock Radio in the UK.
- Classic Rock Magazine listed “Lock ‘N’ Load” as one of their top 15 rock songs of the year for 2013.
- Second single “Washington” went top 20 on the US Rock Chart.
- Debut single “Face I Love” off their new EP went top 25 on the US Rock Chart.
- Launched an interactive Facebook app and video featuring over 5,000 submitted fan pictures.
- Toured the US with Lynyrd Skynyrd / Bad Company and Def Leppard / KISS in 2014.
- Headline national Australian club tour presented by Triple M Classic Rock in early 2014.
- Toured with Black Star Riders in the UK in 2013.
- Headlined the Festival Stage on the 2013 Rockstar Energy Uproar Tour in the US/Canada.
- Previously toured with Aerosmith, ZZ Top and Jimmy Barnes in Australia in 2013-14.
- Music played during NFL, NHL, and English Premier Game matches.
The Dead Daisies powerful musical collective is created by a rotating line-up that features some of the best Rock musicians on the planet.
The Dead Daisies sound is influenced by late ‘70s and early ‘80s hard rock, in that soulful Bad Company meets Foreigner via The Faces kind of vibe – big choruses, powerful melodies and strong hooks.
In early 2013 The Dead Daisies were invited to open for ZZ Top in Australia. Word about their dynamic live show spread quickly and the band soon joined legendary American rockers Aerosmith on their first Australasian tour in 23 years. In August and September the Dead Daisies were part of the massive 25-date Rockstar Energy Drink Uproar Festival through the US and Canada a long side Alice In Chains, & Jane’s Addiction among others.
The Dead Daisies headed to the UK next to play 18 dates with Black Star Riders in November and December and also headlined their first ever UK show at The Underworld in Camden. The UK touring line up featured: Jon Stevens, David Lowy, Charley Drayton (The X-pensive Winos/The Cult), Richard Fortus, Darryl Jones (The Rolling Stones) and Dizzy Reed.
The bands first single of their self-titled debut album “Lock ‘N’ Load” feat. Slash was an international hit and stormed the US and UK radio airwaves and went to number 1 on Planet Rock Radio and Classic Rock Magazine listed it as one of the top 20 songs of the year. The bands second single “Washington” went to #18 on the Rock radio chart (MediaBase) in the US and received airplay on Triple M in Australia.
The Dead Daisies ended 2013 playing two shows in Israel, with a SOLD OUT epic headline show at The Barby in Tel Aviv.
February 2014 saw the band return to Australia playing a number of dates to support the release of their debut album. The tour featured Jon Stevens, David Lowy, Richard Fortus, Marco Mendoza, Dizzy Reed and on drums, first time Dead Daisies member John Tempesta (The Cult/Rob Zombie).
On August 5th The Dead Daisies released their brand new EP and single called “Face I Love”. An innovative Facebook app was launched along with the single giving fans the opportunity to participate in this exciting project. Fans have been able to upload their photo through the app and become immortalized in the bands EP cover imagery and innovative music video. The single went top 25 on the Rock radio chart (MediaBase) in the US and now can be heard on radio across the UK and Europe.
The Dead Daisies toured around “Face I Love” with dates in the US supporting Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bad Company in July and then with 19 shows supporting Def Leppard and newly inducted Rock and Roll Hall of Famers KISS in August. The lineup featured Jon Stevens, David Lowy, Richard Fortus, Marco Mendoza, Dizzy Reed and returning member Brian Tichy (Ozzy Osbourne / Billy Idol) on drums.
In October 2014 the band will be headed for their first live performance on the high seas, joining the KISS Kruise IV and then headed to Australia to headline shows in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Sydney, as well as a much anticipated performance in Perth, playing one show in each city. The band is also excited to announce that they will be playing dates with the legendary Jimmy Barnes as special guests on the New Zealand leg of his upcoming tour.